Terms of Service
Terms and Conditions
(Last updated: March 2017)
- The Avakin Life Applications are made available to use or download on third party platforms, which include the App Store, Google Play, Amazon Appstore or other third party websites which enable games to be hosted and played (“Platforms”).
- Your use of the Avakin Life Applications may require you to have a Platform account. Your access to the Avakin Life Applications will be linked to your Platform account and you are required to comply with the Platform policies to use the Avakin Life Applications, including for any payments.
- Each time you access the Avakin Life Applications you are telling Lockwood that you understand, accept and are able to accept these terms and conditions and agree to be bound by these terms and conditions and the terms of any of the Platforms (“Platform Terms”) , each as amended from time to time. If you do not accept or understand these terms and conditions or any of the Platform Terms you should not use or access any Avakin Life Applications or any part of them.
- If you are under the age of 13 years you must not access, play or use the Avakin Life Applications.
- By using and accessing the Avakin Life Applications you confirm that you have the necessary hardware and related software and capability required and that you shall be and shall remain responsible for all fees due in respect thereof. Lockwood shall have no liability in relation to any hardware or related software or other services required to make use of the Avakin Life Applications.
- Grant of Licence
2.1 Subject to these terms and conditions and your compliance with them, Lockwood grants you a non-exclusive, revocable right to store and use the Avakin Life Applications for personal, non-commercial purposes in accordance with these terms and conditions and the Platform Terms. You are free to monetize your videos via the YouTube partner program and similar programs on other video sharing sites.
2.2 This licence includes the limited right to download content, materials, data and communications temporarily, for purposes solely connected with the private, non-commercial, personal use of the Avakin Life Applications.
2.3 You may not transfer, sub license or deal in this right without Lockwood’s prior written permission.
- Intellectual Property Rights
3.1 These terms and conditions and the rights granted by them do not give you any rights or permission for public performance of the Avakin Life Applications or any part of them.
3.2 These terms and conditions and the rights granted by them do not give you any title or rights of ownership in the Avakin Life Applications and should not be deemed a sale or transfer of any copyright or other right.
3.3 Unless otherwise expressly specified, all copyright, design rights, database right, patent rights, trade mark and trade dress rights and other intellectual property rights in the Avakin Life Applications belong to and vest in Lockwood, or are licensed to Lockwood.
3.4 All intellectual property rights of Lockwood are hereby asserted and reserved.
3.5 All third party trade names and trademarks are the property of their respective owners and Lockwood makes no warranty or representation in relation to them.
3.6 Lockwood does not claim or assert any right title or interest in any third party Communications.
- Restrictions and Obligations
4.1 You agree to comply with these terms and conditions and all rules applicable to the use of the Avakin Life Applications.
4.2 You agree not to register any online ID, account name or user name which is abusive, threatening, pornographic, defamatory, discriminatory or ethically, sexually or religiously offensive or obscene. We may alter or delete and online ID, account name or user name (including the corresponding user account) if we consider that online ID, account name or user name to be abusive, threatening, pornographic, defamatory, discriminatory or ethically, sexually or religiously offensive or obscene.
4.3 Notwithstanding any other provision of these terms and conditions you agree and undertake not to:
- Hack, attempt to hack, modify, adapt, merge, translate, decompile, disassemble, reverse engineer or create derivative works out of the Avakin Life Applications or any part of them;
- Remove, disable, modify, add to or tamper with any program code or data, copyright, trademark or other proprietary notices and legends contained on or in the Avakin Life Applications;
- Create software which mimics any data or functionality in the Avakin Life Applications;
- Use or deal in the Avakin Life Applications except as permitted by these terms and conditions;
- Include contact details intended to enable communication outside of the Avakin Life Applications, in any Communication;
- Use your access to the Avakin Life Applications, or information gathered from them, for the sending of unsolicited bulk email;
- Make any public, business or commercial use of the Avakin Life Applications or any part of it;
- Provide hypertext links, URL Links, graphic links, hyperlinks or other direct connection for profit or gain to the Avakin Life Applications without Lockwood’s prior written permission;
- Make the Avakin Life Applications or any part of it available to any third party;
- Display, publish, copy, print, post or otherwise use the Avakin Life Applications and the information contained therein for the benefit of any third party or web site;
- Use or process the Avakin Life Applications or any part of it unfairly or for any illegal or immoral purpose;
- Delete or obscure any copyright or other proprietary notice on the Avakin Life Applications.
4.4 You further agree that in connection with the Avakin Applications you will not:
- Organise hate groups or use or promote hate speech;
- Cheat or engage in deceptive, fraudulent or misleading practices, including phishing for other users’ account details or unauthorised use of another user’s account or another person’s credit card or billing information;
- Use any unauthorised hardware or software to access or use the Avakin Life Applications or the Platforms or make, or distribute unauthorised software or hardware in conjunction with the Avakin Life Applications (including but not limited to cheat code software or devices that circumvent any security features or limitations included on any software or devices);
- Modify or attempt to modify the online client, disc, save file, server, client-server communication, or other parts of the Avakin Life Applications of any part thereof;
- Bypass or attempt to bypass any user authentication systems or security feature;
- Attempt to hack or reverse engineer any code or equipment in connection with the Avakin Life Applications (unless permitted by applicable law);
- Take any action that we consider to be disruptive to the normal flow of chat or gameplay, including uploading, posting, streaming or otherwise transmitting unsolicited or unauthorised material, including junk mails, spam, excessive messages or chain letters;
- Provide us or any third party company with false or inaccurate information, including reporting false complaints to our customer services or providing false or inaccurate information during account registration;
- Sell, buy, trade or otherwise transfer your online ID, your Platform account or your personal access to the Avakin Life Applications or any content or services accessed via the Avakin Life Applications, through any means or method, including use of web auction sites;
- Use the Avakin Life Applications in any way that harms the Avakin Life Applications or any of affiliates, subsidiaries, licensors, service providers, partners or users;
- Share promotional codes through any means. You may direct other individuals to the source on our social media;
- Otherwise misuse the Avakin Life Applications.
4.5 The Avakin Life Applications may only be accessed and used via authorized servers. You must take no action to bypass authorized servers and/or third party software to modify any aspect of the Avakin Life Applications and you expressly consent to Lockwood monitoring your computer’s random access memory (or the random access memory of any other device used to access the Avakin Life Applications) for said unauthorized third party programs.
- Forums and Communications
5.1 “Communications” means any content, materials, postings, data, messages and communications sent, submitted, posted, placed on, made to or otherwise communicated to, from or using the Avakin Life Applications.
5.2 The Avakin Life Applications are entertainment services and ancillary to this Lockwood is involved in the transmission, storage, retrieval and dealing with third party Communications without review, selection or alteration of their content – for which it is a mere conduit.
5.3 The views expressed in any Communications are the views of the individual authors and not those of Lockwood unless specified otherwise by Lockwood.
5.4 Lockwood is not responsible for and disclaims all liability in respect of any comments, views or remarks expressed in any Communications.
5.5 By using the Avakin Life Applications you acknowledge that Lockwood has no responsibility to review the content of any Communications and that all Communications are made available on the basis that Lockwood is not required to and does not exercise any control or judgement of their content.
5.6 Notwithstanding the foregoing Lockwood shall be entitled to remove or reject any Communications and remove or suspend your ability to make or access Communications.
5.7 You agree that Lockwood may use, publish, edit, modify, record and adapt your Communications for any and all purposes relating to Avakin Life and the business of Lockwood and you hereby grant it an unrestricted non-exclusive right and licence and all necessary permissions, consents and licences required for it to use your Communications in that way. You further waive all so called moral rights in your Communications. Any data collected in this way, including the content of your voice and text communications, the time and location of your activities, and your Platform profile and IP address, may be used by us to enforce the these terms and conditions and / or passed to the police or other appropriate authorities. By accepting these terms and conditions or using the Avakin Life Applications, you expressly consent to this.
5.8 You agree and undertake that you will not make any Communication or post to or transmit to or on the Avakin Life Applications any statement or material, nor use the Avakin Life Applications in any way, that:
- Is unlawful or which gives rise to civil or criminal liability;
- Promotes any illegal or unlawful activity;
- Infringes any copyright or other intellectual property right of any third party or assists infringement or piracy;
- Includes any computer virus, worms, logic bombs or other malicious software or technically harmful data;
- Is abusive, threatening, pornographic, defamatory, discriminatory or ethically, sexually or religiously offensive or obscene;
- Harasses any person including but not limited to stalking or bullying;
- Markets or promotes any third party;
- Interferes with another user’s use and enjoyment of the Avakin Life Applications;
- Impersonates any moderator, administrator or any staff or other persons connected with Lockwood;
- Infringes upon or violates any third party’s rights, including but not limited to intellectual property rights, rights of privacy, including unauthorized disclosure of a person’s name, e-mail address, physical address or phone number, and/or rights of publicity;
- Includes restricted / password protected content or materials;
- Exploits any other person;
- Solicits passwords or personal information;
- Provides instructional information about illegal activities such as making or buying illegal weapons, buying or selling illegal drugs, violating someone’s privacy, or providing or creating computer viruses;
- Contains video, photographs, or images of another person without his or her permission (or in the case of a minor, the minor’s legal guardian);
- Tries to gain unauthorized access to any computer, servers or any part of the Avakin Life Applications including its servers, network and the computers of other users;
- Tries to gain unauthorized access to any profiles, blogs, chat rooms, communities, account information, bulletins, or other aspects of the Avakin Life Applications;
- Engages in or solicits commercial activities or sales without Lockwood’s prior written consent such as, without limitation gambling, betting, sweepstakes, sales advertising, investments and pyramid schemes;
- Refers to any material that is inappropriate;
- Seeks or attempts to make any arrangement to meet a child under the age of 16 or which may have such a meeting as its object or effect;
- Contains any restricted material, including but not limited to passwords, medical information or confidential information of any person; or
- Solicits, invites, encourages, advocates, incites or provokes any or all of the foregoing.
5.9 If you discover any material which you believe contravenes these terms and conditions please inform Lockwood or a forum moderator with details of the page you found it on.
5.10 It is a known risk of internet usage that people are not necessarily who they say they are. People may provide information or behave in a way that is unreliable, misleading, unlawful or illegal. Lockwood has no way of telling if statements made by other users are true. This is a decision that can only be made by you. You should therefore exercise some degree of caution when using any web site. By using the Avakin Life Applications and its services you accept that this is the case and accept that you therefore use the Avakin Life Applications at your own risk. PLEASE TAKE PARTICULAR CARE IN RELATION TO THE DISCLOSURE OF YOUR OWN PERSONAL INFORMATION SUCH AS YOUR SURNAME, ADDRESS, EMAIL ADDRESS, TELEPHONE NUMBER AND PLACES YOU GO.
5.11 You acknowledge and agree that, if necessary, Lockwood will communicate with you via the email address you have provided to Lockwood or through Platform. Notices that are applicable to all Lockwood’s customers shall be made available on Avakin Life or otherwise within the Avakin Life Applications or through Platform. You will be deemed to have received a notice at the time the message is sent or the time the notice is posted on our websites or within the Service.
5.12 All emails sent by Lockwood and attachments thereto are intended for the addressee only.
- Virtual Items
6.1 In the Avakin Life Applications you may purchase a license to use virtual currency, including but not limited to virtual goods, services, virtual coins, cash, tokens, or points, all for use on or in Avakin Applications (“Virtual Items“).
6.2 When you place an order to purchase Virtual Items from any Avakin Life Application, we may send you a confirmatory e-mail that will contain details of the items you have ordered. Please check that the details in the confirmatory e-mail are correct as soon as possible and maintain a copy of it for your records. Lockwood keeps records of transactions in order to deal with any subsequent queries. When you purchase Platform credits from a Platform, you are agreeing to Platform’s payment terms. Lockwood is not a party to this transaction.
6.3 For Virtual Items, your order will represent an offer to us to pay to expand the scope of the licence of the relevant Avakin Life Application which will be accepted by us when we make the Virtual Items available in your account for you to use in our games or debit your credit card, whichever comes first.
6.4 The provision of Virtual Items for use on Avakin Life Applications is a service provided by Lockwood that commences immediately upon acceptance by Lockwood of your offer to purchase a licence. By ordering Virtual Items you agree and accept that Lockwood through Avakin Life will provide them to you immediately following completion of your purchase. If you reside in the European Union and you purchase a product or service through Avakin Life, you have the right to withdraw from a purchase within seven calendar days, commencing on the day after the date of purchase (the “Cooling Off Period“). However, you lose your right of withdrawal if the performance of the services begins before the end of the Cooling-Off Period. Accordingly, please note that if you purchase Virtual Items from us, your right of withdrawal is lost as the performance of our services begins immediately once your purchase is completed.
- In-Game Advertising
7.2 Lockwood through the Avakin Life Applications may provide links third party websites or vendors who may invite you to participate in a promotional offer in return for receiving optional services and/or upgrades (such as in-game currency). Any charges or obligations you incur in your dealings with these third parties are your responsibility. Lockwood makes no representation or warranty regarding any content, goods and/or services provided by any third party even if linked from the Avakin Life Applications, and will not be liable for any claim relating to any third party content, goods and/or services. The linked sites are not under the control of Lockwood and may collect data or solicit personal information from you. Lockwood is not responsible for their content, business practices or privacy policies, or for the collection, use or disclosure of any information those sites may collect. Further, the inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement of Lockwood of these linked sites.
- App Developer Terms for iOS Apps
8.1 The following terms of this clause are the terms which we are required by Apple Inc, (“Apple”) to notify you of and obtain your consent in respect of using the Avakin Life Applications:
8.2 Acknowledgement – You and we acknowledge that these terms and conditions are concluded between you and us only, and not with Apple, nor any subsidiary or affiliate company of Apple. You also acknowledge that we are solely responsible for the Avakin Life Applications and the content thereof.
- Grant of Licence – Subject to your compliance with all conditions of these terms and conditions we grant you a non-exclusive, personal, non-commercial, revocable, non-transferable license to use the Avakin Life Applications on an iOS Product which you own or control, and as permitted by the Usage Rules set forth in the App Store Terms of Service (http://www.apple.com/uk/legal/terms/).
- Maintenance and support – We are solely responsible for providing support and maintenance for the Avakin Life Applications. You and we acknowledge that Apple has no obligation whatsoever to furnish any maintenance and support services with respect to the Avakin Life Applications.
- Product claims – You acknowledge that we, and not Apple, are responsible for addressing any claims you may have relating to the Avakin Life Applications or your possession and/or use of the Avakin Life Applications, including but not limited to: (i) product liability claims; (ii) any claim that the Avakin Life Applications fails to confirm to any applicable legal or regulatory requirement; and (iii) claims arising under consumer protection or similar legislation.
- Intellectual Property Rights – You acknowledge that in the event of a third party claim that the Avakin Life Applications or your possession and use of the Avakin Life Applications infringes that third party’s intellectual property rights, then we shall be solely responsible for the investigation, defence, settlement and discharge of any such intellectual property right infringement claim, and not Apple.
- Legal Compliance – You represent and warrant that (i) you are not located in a country that is subject to a US Government embargo, or that has been designated by the US Government as a “terrorist supporting” country; and (ii) you are not listed on any US Government list of prohibited or restricted parties.
- Third Party Beneficiary – You acknowledge and agree that Apple are third party’s beneficiaries of these terms and conditions, and that when you accept the terms and conditions of these terms and conditions, Apple will have the right (and will be deemed to have accepted the right) to enforce these terms and conditions against you as a third party beneficiary thereof.
9.1 Lockwood provides and maintains Avakin Life and the Avakin Life Applications for personal entertainment on an “as is” basis and is liable only to provide its services with reasonable skill and care.
9.2 External Sites have not been verified or reviewed by Lockwood and all use and access of External Sites is made at your own risk. “External Sites” means third party web sites and online services to which the Avakin Life Applications link.
9.3 Lockwood gives no other warranty in connection with the Avakin Life Applications and to the maximum extent permitted by law, Lockwood excludes liability for:
- Any loss or damage of any kind howsoever arising, including any direct, indirect, special, punitive or consequential loss whether or not such arises out of any problem which Lockwood has been made aware of;
- The accuracy, currency or validity of information and material contained within any Communications, Avakin Life or the Avakin Life Applications;
- Any interruptions to or delays in updating Avakin Life or the Avakin Life Applications;
- Any incorrect or inaccurate information on Avakin Life or the Avakin Life Applications;
- The infringement by any person of any copyright or other intellectual property rights of any third party through any Communication or use of Avakin Life or the Avakin Life Applications;
- The availability, quality, content or nature of External Sites;
- Any transaction involving External Sites;
- Any amount or kind of loss or damage due to viruses or other malicious software that may infect a user’s computer equipment, software, data or other property caused by persons accessing, using or downloading the Avakin Life Applications, or any Communication;
- All representations, warranties, conditions and other terms and conditions which but for this notice would have effect.
9.4 Lockwood does not warrant that the operation of the Avakin Life Applications will be uninterrupted or error free.
9.5 Lockwood will not be liable in any amount for failure to perform any obligation under this agreement if such failure is caused by the occurrence of any unforeseen contingency beyond the reasonable control of such party including Internet outages, communications outages, fire, flood, war or act of God.
9.6 Except as provided above there are no other warranties, conditions or other terms and conditions, express or implied, statutory or otherwise, and all such terms and conditions are hereby excluded to the maximum extent permitted by law.
9.7 You agree that in relation to your use of the Avakin Life Applications you will not in any way conduct yourself in a manner which is unlawful or which gives rise to civil or criminal liability or which might call into disrepute Avakin Life or the Avakin Life Applications.
9.8 You agree that you are and shall remain responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of the password for accessing your Avakin Life account or any relevant Platform and for all activities that occur under your account.
9.9 You hereby indemnify, defend and hold Lockwood and Lockwood’s officers, directors, owners, agents, information providers, affiliates, licensors and licensees (collectively, the “Indemnified Parties“) harmless from and against any and all liability and costs (including reasonable attorneys fees) incurred by the Indemnified Parties in connection with any claim arising out of any breach by you of these terms and conditions or claims arising from your use of the Avakin Life Applications, any Communications and any use of your membership account. You shall use your best efforts to cooperate with Lockwood in the defence of any claim. Lockwood reserves the right, at Lockwood’s own expense, to assume the exclusive defence and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you.
- Termination and Suspension
Without limiting to any other rights it may have Lockwood may remove, restrict, cancel or suspend access to and use of the Avakin Life Applications and any part of them, if it considers (in its sole discretion) that you have breached of any of these terms and conditions or if you are under 13 years old. Additionally we reserve the right to:
10.1 Cancel your Avakin Life account if it has not been used for 18 months;
10.2 Bring legal action against you if you are in breach of these terms and conditions and to participate in any government, criminal or private legal action or investigation relating to your conduct using the Avakin Life Applications;
10.3 Temporarily or permanently discontinue the Avakin Life Applications and any and all services and content available through the Avakin Life Applications at any time, including for service maintenance and upgrades.
11.1 These terms and conditions are subject to your statutory and common law consumer rights and shall not limit any rights you might have that may not be excluded under applicable law nor shall it exclude or limit Lockwood’s liability for death or personal injury resulting from neither its negligence nor any fraudulent representation.
11.2 All questions, comments or enquiries should be directed to http://www.avakin.com/support or by post to Lockwood Publishing Limited at 49, Stoney Street, Nottingham, NG1 1LX
11.3 These terms and conditions constitute the entire agreement between you and Lockwood and shall apply to the exclusion of all other terms and conditions or conditions of contract which you may propose.
11.4 Use of the word “including” in these terms and conditions means including without limitation.
11.5 Failure to enforce any of these terms and conditions will not be deemed a waiver of any term or right.
11.6 If any part of these terms and conditions is found to be unenforceable, it will be construed as far as possible to reflect the intention and the remainder of the provisions will remain in full force and effect.
11.7 The Avakin Life Applications are intended for and directed at the United Kingdom and no representation or warranty is made as to whether the Avakin Life Applications comply with the regulatory regime and local laws of any other country.
11.8 We may make changes to these terms and conditions from time to time. To access a printable, current copy of these terms and conditions, go to http://www.avakin.com/about/legal/terms-and-conditions/ on your PC. Please check regularly to ensure that you are aware of any changes.
11.9 You will be notified of material changes by a posting as you sign in or otherwise access the Avakin Life Applications or by email to your current email address as registered with us. Your continued use of the Avakin Life Applications after any changes signifies your acceptance of these changes. If you do not accept material changes to these terms and conditions you must stop using the Avakin Life Applications.
11.10 We may assign our rights and obligations under these terms and conditions without your consent provided that such assignment does not adversely affect your rights under these terms and conditions.
- Governing Law and Jurisdiction
To the extent permitted by applicable law, use of the Avakin Life Applications and these terms and conditions are subject to the laws of England which shall exclusively govern the interpretation, application and effect of all the above permissions, exclusions, licences and conditions of use. To the extent permitted by applicable law, the contract between you and Lockwood shall be deemed to have been formed and performed in England, shall be construed in accordance with the laws of England. and you agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
- Warranty and Disclaimer
13.1 Other than as set out in these terms and conditions, we give no warranty about the quality, functionality, availability, completeness, accuracy or performance of the Avakin Life Applications or any content and services available via the Avakin Life Applications. We do not guarantee the Avakin Life Applications will always be available or error free and we assume no liability for your inability to licence any content, goods or services. We exclude all liability for loss of data or unauthorised access to data and for damage caused to your software or hardware as a result of using or accessing the Avakin Life Applications. You are responsible for your Internet Service Provider fees and any other fees related to your use of Avakin Life Applications, including any increase in such fees resulting from your use of Avakin Life Applications.
13.2 If we are liable to you for failure to deliver content or services, our liability is limited either to re-providing the relevant content or service or (at our option) refunding the amount you paid for the content or service.
13.3 These terms and conditions set out your sole and exclusive rights in connection with the Avakin Life Applications. These terms and conditions and the above limitations, exclusions and disclaimers apply to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law. However you may have other legal rights as a consumer, which are not affected by these terms and conditions.
- Contact Lockwood
All questions, comments or enquiries should be directed to Lockwood at http://www.avakin.com/support
Lockwood Publishing Ltd
Registered company number: 
Registered company address:
[Lockwood Publishing Ltd
Antenna Media Centre
Code of Conduct
(Last updated: September 2016)
1.1 “Avakin Life” is an online entertainment service owned and operated by Lockwood Publishing Limited (“Lockwood” or “we“). This Code of Conduct (“CoC”) applies to all and any use, access and availability of the Avakin Life applications and related services (each an “Avakin Life Application“).
1.2 You agree not to access or use the Avakin Life Applications for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by this CoC, the applicable terms and conditions and privacy policies, and any other condition or notice otherwise applicable to Avakin Life Applications. The CoC is designed to make everyone’s experience as enjoyable as possible and to provide guidance about what is expected from you as a participant in the Avakin life virtual universe.
1.3 The applicable terms and conditions, privacy policies and this CoC provide Lockwood with complete control over the universe it created and, as a result, Lockwood has final say over what constitutes acceptable behaviour. While this CoC is comprehensive, it does not address every possible situation. When in doubt, use good sense and try to be a good virtual citizen. Failure to comply with the applicable terms and conditions, privacy policies or this CoC or any other rule – written or unwritten – may result in the suspension, termination and/or deletion of your account without refund. Lockwood may log and review all communications from within the Avakin Life Applications at any time to assist in making decisions regarding violations of the applicable terms and conditions, privacy policies or this CoC.
- Conduct Requirements
You must comply with the following requirements when using the Avakin Life Applications:
2.1 You will follow the instructions of authorized Lockwood representatives at all times while participating in or otherwise accessing or using the Avakin Life Applications.
2.2 You will respect the rights of others to play and enjoy the Avakin Life Applications and associated features of the Avakin Life Applications as intended by Lockwood.
2.3 You will not access or use the Avakin Life Applications to defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights of others (such as rights of privacy and publicity).
2.4 You will not access or use the Avakin Life Applications to publish, post, upload, transmit, distribute, disseminate or spotlight content that is harmful, abusive, threatening, vulgar, sexually explicit, defamatory, libellous, obscene, infringing, embarrassing, unwanted, invasive of another’s right of privacy or publicity, hateful or racially, or ethnically offensive (such as ethnic slurs and religious epithets) or, in a reasonable person’s view, otherwise offensive or objectionable (such as offensive or objectionable Avakin names, space names, games, pet names, in-application labels, titles, descriptions, status updates or inscriptions).
2.5 You will not access or use the Avakin Life Applications to form or participate in groups that discriminate against, or support discrimination against, anyone based on their race, ethnicity, religion, sexual preference, or gender.
2.6 You will not communicate any user’s real-world information through the Avakin Life Applications or any other means without that user’s express permission.
2.7 You will not access or use the Avakin Life Applications to access, upload, transmit, distribute or otherwise make available any content, including sounds, music, images, videos or photographs, in any manner that infringes any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, or other right of any party (including rights of privacy or publicity).
2.8 You will not falsify, delete or disable any copyright or other rights management mechanism, information, legal or other notices, such as author attributions, proprietary designations or labels of the origin or source of any Content.
2.9 You will not upload, post or use files, web site links, URLs or other software, programs, information or materials that contain viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, destructive features, corrupted files or data, or any other similar software, programs, information or materials that could damage, disrupt or harm (or is designed to damage, disrupt or harm) the operation of the Avakin Life Applications or any other user’s or third party’s computer, network, equipment, software or web site (including, without limitation, the use of scrolling, showing multiple screens, or other activities that can be disruptive to online communication) or that could allow (or is designed to allow) any person to inappropriately access any computer, network, equipment, software or web site.
2.10 You will not access or use the Avakin Life Applications to conduct or send surveys, contests, pyramid schemes, chain letters, junk email, spam or any duplicative or unsolicited messages (commercial or otherwise).
2.11 You will not post any web site links or URLs for commercial products or services or otherwise market, promote, advertise, solicit or offer to buy or sell any products or services within the Avakin Life Applications or any part of the Avakin Life Applications for any purpose except as expressly authorized by Lockwood in writing. Plug-ins may not be sold, either for real money, in-application (virtual) currency or in-application services, or include advertising or in any way offer or solicit services or donations.
2.12 You will not exhibit or partake in any behaviour that degrades service performance or is disruptive to the usability of the Avakin Life Applications or the normal functionality of the Avakin Life Applications, causes grief, aggravation or alarm to other users, or otherwise restricts or inhibits any other user from using and enjoying the Avakin Life Applications (for example, deliberately using bugs or loopholes, developing or distributing dysfunctional or malicious Plug-ins, dropping excessive items or summoning excessive portals to disrupt a Service, or disrupting the flow of chat in chat rooms with vulgar or abusive language, hitting the return key repeatedly, inputting excessively large images so the screen goes by too fast to read, flooding [continuous posting repetitive text], “spamming,” or excessive SHOUTING (all caps) in an attempt to disturb other users).
2.13 You will not harvest (in an automated manner or otherwise) or otherwise collect personal information about others, including e-mail addresses.
2.14 You will not create a false identity or impersonate any other person or entity past or present (such as a Lockwood representative or a celebrity) for the purpose of misleading others.
2.15 You will not attempt to obtain any account information, password, or other private information from any other user of the Avakin Life Applications.
2.16 You will not use in-application support or complaint buttons to make false reports to Lockwood administrators.
2.17 You will not use any communications services or other aspects of the Avakin Life Applications in any manner other than for personal communication as an individual user (i.e. not as a corporation or other entity).
2.18 You will not hide or falsify personal information provided to Lockwood in connection with your account.
2.19 You will not conduct or facilitate any fraudulent transactions, including without limitation fraudulent or unauthorized in-application virtual transactions.
2.20 You will not take any action or otherwise use the Avakin Life Applications in any manner which imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our servers or other infrastructure or that could damage, disable, overburden or impair any Lockwood server, or any network or equipment connected to any Lockwood server, or interfere with any other party’s use and enjoyment of the Avakin Life Applications. Developers of Plug-ins must keep all programming code of a Plug-in fully visible and freely accessible and viewable.
2.21 You may not use a single Account to play more than one character at a time.
2.22 You will not attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Avakin Life Applications or any services, accounts, computer systems or networks connected to any Lockwood server, through hacking, password mining or any other means.
2.23 You will not use, exploit, distribute to others or publicly communicate any errors in design, undocumented features, miscues, “glitches” or bugs, and you will promptly report to Lockwood your discovery of any such issue either via the support system http://www.avakin.com/support.
2.24 You will not “farm” in-application items, points or other Service content (i.e. playing a Service primarily for purposes of amassing an inventory of in-application items or virtual currency) for real-world commercial gain.
2.25 You will not engage in, and will not advertise or facilitate, the unauthorized sale, purchase, transfer or sharing of access to any account, Plug-in, or Service items for real-world money or other consideration.
2.26 You agree that “role-playing” will not constitute a defence to any violation of the CoC or any other agreement.
2.27 A player who violates this CoC may be warned by Lockwood staff or have temporary sanctions imposed against their account. Some particularly serious violations or repeated violations can result in other sanctions, such as a permanent ban without warning. In addition, Lockwood reserves the right to delete Avakin Life, characters, content or entire accounts as we see fit, without warning, for certain violations.
2.28 Chat (text and voice) in the Avakin Life Applications and Service Website may be logged and may be reviewed at any time and for any reason, including, without limitation, to assist in making decisions regarding violations of the CoC. This includes, but is not limited to, private chat, group chat, my space, mails and contact SMS messages.
2.29 You may be allowed to appeal actions taken against your character or account as a result of violations of the CoC, Lockwood reserve the right at any time to deny to address such appeals or cease communication regarding such appeals at any time.
1.3 The Avakin Applications are made available to use or download on third party platforms, which include the App Store, Google Play Amazon Appstore or other third party websites which enable games to be hosted and played (“Platforms”).
Please note that our site and the service available on it are not aimed at those under the age of 13, and you should not use any Avakin Applications if you are a under the age of 13.
3. How Information is Collected and Used
3.2 “Personal information” is defined as information that can be used to identify or contact you (e.g. name, Platform ID, or email address). Personal information can be gathered via the use of any Avakin Applications, a customer service response conveyed to Lockwood, participation in Avakin forums or message boards, the purchase of a virtual good offered by or through any Avakin Application or any use of the Platforms. This may include but is not limited to your date-of-birth, gender, country of origin, language spoken, friends and acquaintances on any of the Platforms, game/application level achieved, high score(s) achieved, and other achievements maybe also be captured, stored, and used.
3.3 Additionally, aggregated information about any Avakin Application usage can be collected and used for the purposes of improving all Lockwood applications or for research and analysis.
3.4 Any information that is shared with other players within Avakin Applications or through participation in the message board or forums (including any information shared through the Platforms) is considered public and is shared at your own discretion. Lockwood has no control over the use or dissemination of information that you share.
3.5 The user information provided to Lockwood will not be sold, leased, loaned, disclosed, distributed, or voluntarily provided to non-affiliated third parties without your permission. Lockwood may employ third parties to provide aspects of the Avakin Applications, including processing payments or displaying advertisement offers. Any information provided by you to any such third party, which may include but is not limited to credit card information and other similar financial information and billing address information (“financial information“), will be the responsibility of that third party. This is because Lockwood does not have access to any of this financial information provided to the third parties. You should review the terms and condition of that third party.
4. Personal Information
By using the Avakin Applications, you understand the information that is collected and used may be disclosed to governmental or law enforcement agencies if Lockwood is required to do so by law or if Lockwood believes in the good faith that disclosing the information is reasonably necessary to avoid liability, to comply with legal processes, which may include but are not limited to court orders, search warrants, subpoenas, or statutes, or to protect Lockwood’s own personal rights and property, or that of the public. Lockwood is not required to question or contest the purpose or validity of a legal process.
5.1 We will give you a choice of whether or not you want Lockwood or other reputable companies to contact you about future offers, events and new services or related activities that you may find useful. We will not sell or trade personal information to other companies but we would like to keep you informed of developments and certain Lockwood applications and we would like to share data with other reputable companies who may have interesting offers and information for you (inside or outside the EU).
5.2 We will not send you any marketing emails or pass your information on to third parties unless you give your consent or you have given it already.
5.3 You can opt out of this marketing at any stage by notifying us at avakin.com/support
6. Change of Ownership
7. IP Addresses and Cookies
7.1 We use analytics to collect and store anonymous statistical data about our users’ downloading or use of any Avakin Application.
7.2 We and the Platforms may also collect information about your computer, mobile phone (or other portable or static device used to access any Avakin Application) (“device“) including where available your IP address, operating system, session_id, login, screen name and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our partners and if necessary our advertisers.
7.3 We may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file and/or similar tools which are stored on the hard drive of your device. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your device’s hard drive to report back anonymous data to us. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service.
7.4 The Avakin Application may uses the following cookies or other similar tracking technology (“cookies“).
- Session cookies
These remember what you have put in your basket and enable you to use the checkout to make your purchase on an Avakin Application. Without these essential session cookies we would not be able to provide you with the ability to make the purchase on Avakin Applications.
Session cookies are not used to gather information to advertise products or services to you.
- Analytics Cookies
We use analytics cookies to help us to analyse how users use Avakin Applications. They count the number of users and tell us things about their behaviour overall, such as typical length of play or the average number of games a user plays.
This information generated by the cookie about your use of our site may be transmitted to and stored to third party service providers on their servers. Those third party service providers will use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of Avakin Applications, compiling reports on user activity and providing other services relating to users activity.
7.5 Generally, cookies may be used to enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise Avakin Applications according to your individual interests and provide a more personalised experience to you.
- To speed up your use of Avakin Applications.
- To recognise you when you return to any Avakin Application.
7.6 Some third party cookies are set by services that appear on Avakin Applications. They are set by the operators of that service and are not in our control. They are set by Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Google+ and other third party services and relate to the ability of users to share content on Avakin Applications.
7.7 You may refuse to accept cookies by activating the setting on your browser or device which allows you to refuse the setting of cookies.
7.9 If you want to learn more about cookies you can do so at www.allaboutcookies.org
Lockwood has established reasonable technical and organizational measures to protect your personal information from accidental loss and unauthorized access and usage. However, we cannot guarantee that third parties will not breach these measures and gain access to your Personal Information nor can we guarantee that, in the event of a breach your personal information will not be used in an improper manner by another party.
9. Changing/Deleting Information
Any personal information that you convey to Lockwood can be reviewed, updated, corrected, or deleted by modifying the affected personal information from your Platform account. By deleting information from your Platform account, you may in effect deactivate your Avakin account. We have no obligation to restore an account once deleted.